Friday, November 28, 2008

A Great Thanksgiving!

So for Thanksgiving we went up to Provo, Utah to spend time with Carter's family. It was nice to spend time with them. In the morning we went to a field around BYU Campus, had to hop a fence and I watched Carter and his brother Rob play a little football. In the afternoon, Carter's mom picked up Carter's Grandma and I was able to visit with her. She's not doing so well anymore, but I'm glad that I was able to get to know her 5 years ago when she was a lot better. She reminded me a lot of my Grandma Dickey when she was still alive, so fun and full of life. 5 years ago, she was the first one on my husband's side that I grew to love... and at that time I wasn't even dating Carter. It was so hard to see how hard of a time she was having, but I'm still glad she was able to come. We stuffed ourselves, and unfortunately had to drive back to Cedar City that night. While we were there, his brother informed us he was selling his newly bought camera (only 4 months old). Naturally, I immediately looked at Carter with my "puppy-dog" eyes, and he gave the "ok"! I was SO excited! I had been looking for a SLR Digital Camera for a LONG time now, and I just could never justify spending $1200+ on a camera, so I always just put it back to my "future wish list". Luckily, it was a price that both of us knew we COULDN'T refuse. I am so excited to be able to focus more on photography now that I have a camera to support it. So this is considered my Christmas and Birthday present for this year. This is a picture of what it looks like. Isn't it beautiful? :) Today, after work Carter asked me, "So where are we going tomorrow?" It just made me smile, because he knew we were going on an adventure so I'm able to use my camera. I also found my Adobe Photoshop Elements today, which I have been looking for, for literally OVER a year! It's been an awesome couple of days. I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I love the picture of Rob and Carter. That would've been fun! Dave and Patrick went and played football and they both came home all bloodied and beat up. Anne and I decided that in the future the wives should have to sign permission slips for their husbands to play once they are over the age of 30. :) Glad you had a fun Thanksgiving and for the record I am jealous of your new camera. ;) Rob let me use it when I was there this past summmer and it was SWEEET! Have fun. Love ya.

The Rare-its said...

sounds like a great thanksgiving.. and awesome present! I love photography too, but i'm hurting with my current camera, one day i'll be in the "now"...

anyway- that's cool.
can't wait to see what you snap shots of..

marylinn

DDickey said...

wow will be looking forward to seeing what that camera can do in Death Valley

love dad